Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back to quilting

before quilting
What a difference quilting makes.  I started this quilt with a quilt a long hosted by Jenny, and am anxious to have it quilted.  Here are some photos of the quilt before and after quilting.

After quilting
I love the definition that the quilting gives the block, but  I don't know why I started with 1/4" cross hatching.   Once I started though, I  had to keep going with it.  This quilt is twin size, and I am about half way through the quilting process.  Hopefully I will make progress this afternoon, though progress is measured slowly with this one.

On a non quilting subject, tomorrow I am planning to be sitting in a theater watching The Hunger Games.  Totally loved the books, listened to them all, and the first one three times.  All the previews and clips I have seen for the movie look so
good, and I am so excited to see it.  Opening weekend may be too crowded for me, but hopefully early Sunday afternoon will be a good time to go.  So excited.

23 comments:

  1. I am completely speechless right now!!!! This is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You don't know how much I appreciate your compliment. I admire your quilting so much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is stunning! I found you thanks to Jenny and have already added you to my reader so I can keep up with your posts - I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I have come to visit via Jenny's blog. Your quilting is amazing!!!! I am joining your site as a follower. Please pop on over and visit me.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Me again. Well I was gooing to join as a follower but I cant see a followers spot on your blog. I will pop you into Google Reader and follow you there.
    Cheers
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Linda, Thank you, and I am now following you also. Am looking forward to browsing through your blog, and keeping up with your current projects.

      Delete
  6. Hi Esther! Also found you through Jenny's blog. Your quilt is just gorgeous...love your quilting and look forward to seeing it all finished!
    ~Terry~ :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This is such fun for me to "meet" other quilters through the blog world, and find new blogs to follow.

      Delete
  7. wow wow and wow !!! you and jenny are both amazing....xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilting Esther! I was just whining to Jenny that I don't know how to quilt my Urban Nine Patch and she sent me to your blog. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Esther, I saw this on jenny's blog, you did an amazing job. Your quilting really sophisticated the block and took it to a new level.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilting! I, too, have popped over from Jenny's blog and am so pleased I did! Can't wait to see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, I love it, too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Esther
    I see you now have a followers gadget - I am following you properly now!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so new to blogging, and learning as I go.

      Delete
  13. I love how you quilted your Urban Nine Patch. It's amazing. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous blog with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely Esther, but so is everything you create!


    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilting is fabulous on your Urban Nine Patch. I saw it on Jenny's blog but thought I would comment on your blog also. Truly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you Ginger, Jenny was so nice to post it, and I have enjoyed meeting so many bloggers because of her post. Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love your quilting. I can't wait to see more. I'd love to know how to commission you for some of my upcoming quilting needs.

    ReplyDelete