Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi Day

My family loves Pi day.  Both my grown children and their spouses are involved with math, so they have come to embrace March 14 as Pi Day.  A great reason to get together and make and eat all kinds of pies.
Tonight we will start the evening with Chicken Pot Pie, and finish the evening with Berry Pie, Squash Pie and Boston Creme Pie.  Seriously, the Boston Cream Pie is a cake with filling and chocolate, but because of it's name it is on the menu.

I made Pi day onsies for my granddaughters just to add to the celebration.  My grandson also has a Pi day shirt, but I do not have a photo of him in his shirt yet.


Besides all the pie baking, and onsie making I am still quilting.  I am working on they yellow and grey curved nine patch.  I finally feel like I have a handle on what I want to quilt on this, but what I want is very ambitious, and time consuming.  I will post some progress shots soon.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment