Sunday, July 8, 2012

A finish and a favorite

 I finished the Swoon quilt, and I am happy all the way around, but mostly I am glad that it is finished.
These fabrics were all from Bonnie and Camille, and I like how they all play so well together.  I guess that is the whole idea behind a collection, right?

I also want to show you my new favorite quilt design.  I used this on the tie quilt, and it worked so well, and was such fun to do, I used it again in this Swoon.  It is called Plume feather, designed by Angela Walters.

I love this design, it is so versatile and fills up odd shaped spaces with such beauty and movement.  It is fun to stitch, and I highly recommend it.

Here are some more pictures of the quilt.  I added a 7" border so it would better cover my daughters bed.  It finishes at 93" x 93".  I am happy to have this one finished.

Plume feathers, traditional feathers, straight line and I guess my own form of McTavishing.


 Straight lines in the border help calm down all the movement from the inside of the quilt, and gives everything a place to stop.


I had to get this off the frame so I can now start testing out the tension gauge from Superior Threads.  Thanks for checking in, I really do appreciate it.

Esther

11 comments:

  1. I like that new feather! It looks different from farther away. Great way to show movement and fill in space. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love how you quilted this. The plume feather is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. I am drooling! Or maybe I am foaming at the mouth, either way I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i love your "Swoon" and the quilting, stellar! I have one started. Have three blocks left. Want to finish it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Swoon quilt turned out Gorgeous!
    Congrats on an awesome finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. your swoon is swooning! Beautiful work on the quilting :) ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful,Esther! I love the plume feather .... I went straight to Angela's website and looked at the tutorial. All your quilting is lovely, but you really outdid yourself on this one -- it is just so perfectly balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilting, I'll have to try the plume feather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!

    Liz Swinney

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom, the quilt looks great on our bed. But you didn't mention that you made us matching pillow shams. Thanks for a great bed spread/quilt. (My heart one is nearly worn out.)

    ReplyDelete